- Our Party
LP Monday Message: New LNC members leading by example
Posted on Jun 7, 2010
June 7, 2010
Dear Friend of Liberty,
While our recent national convention was a lot of work, I am especially encouraged that well over 500 people attended, when we were only expecting about 400. It was a huge success.
Your new Libertarian National Committee officers and representatives are already hard at work and leading by example.
Mark Hinkle, Chairman
- has made over 400 get-out-the-vote calls to registered Libertarians in California to fight Prop. 14, the Top Two initiative
- is a candidate for California State Senate District 15
- joined the Libertarian Party in 1974
Mark Rutherford, Vice Chairman
- was a guest last Thursday on Indianapolis' Abdul in the Morning radio show to discuss his election as Vice Chairman of the national Libertarian Party
- served seven years as LP Indiana state chairman
- serves on the board of directors of Advocates for Self Government
Alicia Mattson, Secretary
- served as platform committee chair (the newly amended platform is already posted)
- member since 1996
James Oaksun, Treasurer
- recently helped restart the Libertarian Party of Maine affiliate and serves as Vice Chairman
- recently elected Chairman of the Outright Libertarians
The five At-Large Representatives:
- Chairman of the Ohio LP
- recruited over 50 Libertarian candidates for the May 4 primary (the LPO lacked ballot access for some years before that and was fielding 5 to 10 independent candidates only)
- Yes, that Nolan, the one who helped co-found the Libertarian Party in 1971
- creator of the Nolan Chart which was later adapted into the World's Smallest Political Quiz
- 2010 candidate for the U.S. Senate seat in Arizona currently held by John McCain
- LP Chairman, 2006-2010
- ballot access champion
- 2010 candidate for U.S. Representative in Virginia
- has already completed his own petition drive, and spent last weekend collecting petition signatures to get other Virginia candidates onto the ballot
Wayne Allyn Root
- 2008 Vice Presidential nominee and 2010 runner-up for LNC Chairman
- author of the book The Conscience of a Libertarian
- continues to rack up media appearances: was a guest last Friday on The Big Biz Show Today to attack Prop 14. The Big Biz Show airs nationally on CBS Radio, Business Talk Radio Network and American Forces Radio Network.
- 2008 runner-up for the LP presidential nomination
- author of the book Healing Our World
- 2010 candidate for State Comptroller in Texas and scheduled to speak at the Texas LP state convention this coming weekend in Austin
We have an all-star leadership team of proven performers. Those leaders along with the Regional LNC representatives are listed on our website.
Republicans and Democrats have our country mired in wars, debt, and corruption. America needs to hear the principled message of liberty that Libertarian Party leaders and candidates can provide. While I am concerned about the future of America, I am excited about the near-term potential for the Libertarian Party to make a positive difference.
Libertarian National Committee
P.S. If you have not yet become a member of the Libertarian Party and
wish to do so, please click here and join the only political party dedicated to free markets and civil liberties. If you need to renew, please click here. If you would like to make a contribution separate from membership, please click here.