- Our Party
Libertarian Party of Washington, DC 2014 State Convention
Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 1:00pm
Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 4:00pm
901 G St NWWashington, DC 20001
DC Libertarian Party’s 2014 Convention
Location: MLK Library, 901 G St NW 20001
The DCLP convention is open to the public and is free of charge to attend. Light refreshments will be served at the convention and a happy hour will follow the convention. (location TBA)
What’s on the agenda:
- Election of a Chairman and Treasurer. These are the only two positions required by the DCBOEE. Candidates must be a DCLP member (see below), a registered Libertarian in DC, and not be a member of the executive board of any other political party in DC. Only DCLP members may vote.
- Election of delegates to the 2014 national Libertarian Party convention in Columbus, Ohio. DC is allocated 3 delegates to the convention and delegates must also be registered Libertarians in DC and DCLP members. Only DCLP members may nominate themselves or vote but anyone can attend the national convention. The Chairman must be in attendance at the convention. For more details regarding the national convention, see: www.lpcon2014.org
- Ratification of party bylaws. All DCLP members will be allowed to vote and discuss the party bylaws and a version of the bylaws will be ratified by the end of the meeting.
- Creation of a state central committee. This central committee, among other things, will allow us to nominate candidates after primary elections (similar to what the DCGOP is doing now) and will serve as an administrative body under the Chairman and Treasurer.
- Formal endorsement of candidates. DCLP members will vote to formally endorse candidates. Candidates have already won their primaries; this session will be a formality.
- Raise $800! $800 is how much we will need to keep the party going for another year and into the election cycle. The money goes directly into the DCLP’s account and will be spent on crucial things such as our mailing address and election supplies. All expenses are visible to donors at the Office of Campaign Finance’s website. This can be reached just by having 16 people join our party at the convention!
How to become a DCLP member:
1. Check your voter registration status here: https://www.dcboee.org/voter_info/reg_status/index.asp . You must be a registered Libertarian in DC to be a voter at the convention. If you are not a registered Libertarian, you will need to change your registration or provide proof at the convention that you’ve sent in an updated registration form.
2. Pay the $50 annual fee. This annual fee goes directly to the party for usage in things like paying for the P.O. box or ordering campaign supplies. We have a $800 fundraising goal for the convention and your registration fee will go towards this goal. If have just 16 paying members, we can meet this goal immediately!
3. You can register three ways:
- Mail: Mail a $50 check, made out to the “Libertarian Party of DC” , and mail the check to our mailing address: DC Libertarian Party, 4410 Massachusetts Ave., NW #181, Washington DC 20016. Include a letter with your official name, DOB, and zip-code so we can verify your voter registration.
- Online: Click here to donate $50 to US via PayPal (all major credit cards accepted and other PayPal accounts) and then send an e-mail to email@example.com so that we can verify your registration.
- In person: At the convention, you will be able to pay with cash, credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover), or check. We will be able to verify your voter registration at the convention.
visit http://www.dclibertarians.org/2014-convention/ for more info