- Our Party
Government Says You Owe Wall Street $3,278
Posted on Sep 22, 2008
Dear American Taxpayer,
Like most Americans, I'm sure you were glued to the news about the "financial crisis" and the government's "fix" for the problem. You probably heard that the government was going to come in and save the mortgage industry by bailing out failing corporations. And, you probably heard both Barack Obama and John McCain say that this bailout was necessary, and good for the economy.
What you probably didn't hear was that it was going to cost up to $1 trillion dollars, and you were responsible for this money.
"American taxpayers will come up with the money," says the New York Times.
Such a number is hard to conceptualize if you're not the government. So, in order to show you just how much $1 trillion dollars really is, we've put together these figures:
One trillion dollars ($1,000,000,000,000) is enough money:
- To buy everybody living in Los Angeles at least one Lamborghini Gallardo.
- To buy 88,052, 394' custom mega yachts; enough to stretch around ¼ of the world.
- To buy everyone living in Belize and Malta a Manhattan apartment.
- To get half of the Democratic Party into a fundraiser for Barack Obama at the $28,500 admission price.
- To give one out of every two men in the United States a Men's Presidential Rolex watch.
- To buy every woman in the United States a Tiffany Diamond Starfish Pendant.
- To get two Mitsubishi 73" HDTVs for every household in America.
- To buy four copies of The Office: Season Four on DVD, to every person on earth.
- To send everybody in America on an all-inclusive vacation to Tahiti (and some people can stay a few extra days).
$1 trillion is enough money for everyone in Buffalo, NY to buy their own 65-acre island in Panama.
This is how much the government is going to cost you (roughly $3,278 for every man, woman and child in the United States).
Barack Obama is for it. John McCain is for it.
But, Bob Barr and Libertarian Party are against it.
"No one voted to pour taxpayer funds into Wall Street," says Bob Barr, the Libertarian Party's presidential nominee, "and no one voted for the government to take over an insurance company. If the Federal Reserve can spend as much money as it desires to bail out any company that it desires, is there anything that it cannot do with taxpayer funds?”
Who are you supporting this November?
The two parties who are asking you to pick up the tab for the mistakes of Wall Street? Or, the Libertarian Party, who says YOU, the taxpayer, should not be on the hook for America's mortgage crisis.
Please consider supporting the Libertarian Party today, so that we may be able to raise the alarm about this dangerous road the Republicans and Democrats have put us on.
When Barack Obama and John McCain come together to bail out these companies with YOUR money, you need a party and a candidate who says ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
Send a message to Republicans and Democrats that you will no longer support individuals who think you're responsible for the mistakes of Wall Street.
Send a message to the only political party willing to stand up for you.
Send a message that you're ready for change.
Director of Communications
PS – If you are receiving this email, and have not yet become a member of the Party and wish to do so, please click here to sign up to become a member of the only political party dedicated completely to cutting taxes and maximizing liberty. If you need to renew, please do so by clicking here.