Please Apply by February 13, 2017
The Libertarian National Committee is seeking volunteers to serve on its recently created ad hoc Historical Preservation Committee. The duties of this Committee will include the organization and oversight of the preservation of Party historical records with a goal to make them widely and publicly available as well as the administration of LPedia.org (a wiki-style historical site) to facilitate this dissemination.
This Committee will comprise LNC-appointed Committee Chair Caryn Ann Harlos and up to four (4) additional members to be appointed by the Committee Chair. Additional volunteers are solicited to assist this Committee in the discharge of its duties, so all willing persons are encouraged to apply.
Specific required qualifications include:
– willingness to attend frequent online meetings and to independently carry out duties;
ability to fundraise for Committee projects;
– keen interest in Party history;
– organizational skills;
– volunteer coordination.
Helpful qualifications include:
– Wikimedia software administration;
– IT/website/archival experience;
– proximity to Alexandra, VA;
– past Party experience, including on the National level;
– experience with historical or artifact conservation.
The Committee will meet and do most work electronically. There may be a rare physical meeting.
When you apply, please provide the following:
– A resume or summary of your experience;
– A brief note about how your skills match Committee needs;
– A description of any work you’ve done for the Libertarian Party.
Please provide this relevant information and upload a resume, if available, preferably in a single PDF here.
Members interested in serving on the actual Committee are asked to please apply by 2/13/17.
Members simply interested in volunteering to assist this Committee, please apply at any time or email caryn.ann.harlos@LP.org.
Any persons who simply wish to contribute to the costs needed for this effort can contribute here.