- Our Party
As soon as is practical, how much should we cut federal government taxes and spending?
1. Just balance the budget. No tax cuts. This would roll back spending to $3 trillion (the level of 2008, end of GW Bush pres.)
7% (91 votes)
2. Balance the budget, plus end the corporate income tax. Roll back spending to $2.7 T (2006, GW Bush presidency).
6% (69 votes)
3. Balance the budget, plus end the personal income tax. Roll back spending to $1.65 T (1998, Clinton presidency).
15% (183 votes)
4. Balance the budget, plus end both the personal and corporate income tax. Roll back spending to $1.3 T (1991, Bush Sr.).
13% (167 votes)
5. Balance the budget, end the personal, corporate tax, plus end all other payroll taxes. Roll back to $345 B (1979, Carter).
12% (148 votes)
6. Cut taxes and spending even more. Government was way too big in 1979 after LBJ, Nixon and Carter pumped it up.
24% (296 votes)
7. End all taxes. Any money the federal government needs should be voluntarily funded.
24% (299 votes)
Total votes: 1253