The Libertarian Party is hiring an Executive Director
Reports To: Libertarian National Committee Chair
- Direct the business affairs and office personnel of the LNC
- Care for the assets of the LNC
- Establish and maintain organizational staff structure – direct, coordinate, and administer the efforts of staff and contractors
- Personify Libertarian Party values: respectful, positive, principled, innovative, driven, action-oriented, responsive, solutions-focused, liberty-centric, and fun.
- The position reports to and serves at the pleasure of the LNC Chair.
- Within the Organization, the position has primary working relationships with the National Committee, it’s subcommittees, and senior LPHQ staff.
- Outside the Organization, engages with donors, membership, state and local party leaders, vendors and contractors, and the media.
Principal Accountabilities: Organizational and Budgetary Alignment, Strategic Planning, Program Implementation
- Develop, in consultation with the Chair, and oversee the implementation of strategic objectives and organizational vision. Institute and maintain a process of goal setting and performance management to ensure staff effectiveness.
- Coordinate cross-departmental efforts between different functional areas of staff to foster an environment of collaboration.
- Recruit and train professional staff – consulting with the Chair on hiring and terminating staff employment.
- Coordinate regularly with the Chair, and keep LNC members informed of staff efforts as appropriate. Provide proper reporting to the LNC as outlined in the Policy Manual.
- Execute the LNC approved budget, coordinating with the Chair and Treasurer
- Represent the party in the DC community and act as a spokesperson for the party at events and with press.
- Build and cultivate appropriate and productive relationships with significant party donors, media, political entities, and think tanks.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in executive management. Expertise with finance, strategic planning, and proven project management skills heavily preferred.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising, and appraising personnel. Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time. Good judgment, initiative, and ability to anticipate problems and follow through with confidence.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Business Administration, Management, or related field preferred.
- Out-of-town, overnight travel is required.
Send as one PDF document: (1) cover letter demonstrating informed interest in this position; and (2) a one-page resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTN Angela McArdle. Include your full name and the job title for the position sought in the subject line. Candidates who engage in public campaigns for the position will not be considered. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
The Libertarian National Committee (LNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The LNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The LNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The LNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.