The Libertarian Party is looking for a talented strategist to coordinate our political impact projects. This position will look across our opportunities to nurture our relationships with members, affiliate leaders, candidates, coalition partners, and more to enact libertarian values with our scarce resources. They will leverage their creativity and expertise to outline and execute our political strategy and coordinate the volunteers, partners, and stakeholders to bring it to fruition.
It is an incredibly rewarding experience to work on advancing freedom, and with fellow libertarians. You will have an opportunity to grow the impact of the liberty movement through creative strategies that harness our unique advantages. Our team is growing and you will be able to help us shape the culture as we bring on more and more team members.
- Identify opportunities for low-cost, high-return political impact
- Liaise with each of our key stakeholders
- Organize national political impact projects and empower partners to conduct their own
- Prioritize and allocate resources to fuel projects
- Create a strategy to support our affiliate leaders and volunteers
- Nurture relationships with volunteers and coalition partners
- Partner with our fundraising team to identify areas donors are most passionate about
- Partner with our tech and operations teams to identify opportunities areas
- Organize feedback mechanisms for stakeholders to share ideas
The best candidate will
- Have experience executing political projects such as working on a campaign, fighting for ballot access, advancing legislative goals—better yet, a breadth of experience in many areas is appreciated
- Have experience recruiting, coordinating, and celebrating volunteers and building a strong volunteer community
- Have relationships with productive political impact partners, ranging from potential volunteers, coalition partners, candidates, legislative actors, etc.
- Balance a strong point of view on opportunities with empathy and listening skills to take several stakeholders’ ideas into account
- Have strong project management skills and an ability to keep multiple competing stakeholders aligned to a unified prioritization approach
- Understand the role of messaging as a political tool and have a point of view on how to incorporate this into their strategy
- Be familiar with Scrum/Agile
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office, GSuite, and other project management and CRM tools
- Have experience participating in the Libertarian Party
- Be passionate about freedom and excited to work on this every day
The position is remote optional, with expected travel.