LP Activist Training By Libertarians, For Libertarians is an exciting new Libertarian weekend of activist training, designed to inspire you and give you the tools you need to be a successful Libertarian activist, candidate, campaigner, and party leader in your state.
The National Libertarian Party is sponsoring this workshop featuring seasoned Libertarian experts. It will be held the weekend of October 16–18 in the Washington, D.C. area, at the LP’s national headquarters and the Comfort Inn & Suites.
Knowledgeable Libertarians, with a proven track record of success, will show you the ropes, on everything from Libertarian campaigns to public speaking, from media interviews to organizing and expanding your LP affiliate.
This training will home in on the knowledge you most need to succeed as a Libertarian activist. It will be chock-full of tips, tricks, and techniques unavailable in courses offered by Republicans and Democrats.
- Libertarian Campaign Management 101: What you need to know
- Libertarian fundraising and membership growth
- Winning on the hot seat: Play Who’s Driving? and learn how to control media interviews
- Game-change Libertarian solutions: Learn how to formulate ones that inspire and win votes
- Social media: Get them up and running; expand their reach
- Candidate recruitment: Attracting and recruiting quality Libertarian candidates
- Run a successful LP booth: Drawing people in and signing them up
- Open discussion: Q&A and other topics you wish to explore
Our line-up of expert speakers includes:
- Carla Howell – Political Director, Libertarian National Committee; three-time Libertarian candidate; and head of three statewide tax-cut ballot initiatives
- Wes Benedict – Executive Director, Libertarian National Committee; author, Introduction to the Libertarian Party; organizer of two Libertarian PACs
- Sam Goldstein – Former LP Indiana State Chair; Member of the Libertarian National Committee
- Bob Johnston – Campaign and Affiliate Support Specialist, Libertarian National Committee; LP Maryland State Chair
- Doug Craig – Former LP Georgia State Chair; Member, Libertarian National Committee
- Lauren Daugherty – Libertarian consultant; campaign manager, Mark Miller for Texas Railroad Commissioner; and former Executive Director of LP Texas
- Rachel Mills – Press secretary for Rep. Ron Paul; creator of the Ladies of Liberty Calendar featured on “The O’Reilly Factor” and CNN’s “Crossfire”; LP campaign manager, Sean Haugh for U.S. Senate (2014) featured in the Washington Post and on Fox Business’s “The Independents” and “Stossel.”
|Fri., Oct. 16||6 – 10 PM||Dinner & party||LP Headquarters|
|Sat., Oct. 17||9 – 5 PM||Workshop sessions||Comfort Inn|
|6:15 PM||Potomac River Boat tour||Old Town Alexandria
|Sun., Oct. 18||9 AM – 2 PM||Workshop sessions & open discussion||Comfort Inn|
|2 PM||Afternoon sightseeing in D.C.||Washington Mall|
Only $40 per attendee.
Includes all speaker sessions, plus Friday night dinner and party, Saturday lunch, and boat tour (dinner Saturday not included).
|LP Headquarters:||1444 Duke St. Alexandria, Virginia 22314|
|Comfort Inn and Suites:||5716 South Van Dorn Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22310|
Saturday evening: The Potomac River boat tour is a narrated water tour of D.C., that we’ll board in Old Town Alexandria. From the boat you can see the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, the Watergate—the LP’s former headquarters—and more. Your registration includes fare for the boat, which has a no-host cash bar offering beer, wine, lemonade, and snacks. We’ll visit Georgetown, a lively and historic area with many choices for dinner and bar-crawling, and then rendezvous at the Georgetown dock at 10:15, to board for our return trip (earlier departure times available).
Sunday afternoon: For those still in town who would like to see more of D.C., LP Executive Director Wes Benedict will arrange an outing to the Washington Mall. From there, you can visit various monuments, the Smithsonian, and other venues.
Comfort Inn & Suites has rooms for $99 per night (two queens) at their Alexandria location:
5716 South Van Dorn Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22310
To book a room, please phone the hotel directly: (703) 922-9200.
Van Dorn Metro stop (Blue Line). The hotel offers free shuttle service, to and from Metro.
Register today for LP Activist Training By Libertarians, For Libertarians by
calling 1 (202) 333-0008, or online by clicking the “Buy Now” button, below.