As Libertarians, we are accused of being recalcitrant and obstinate. We don’t play well with others and we fight amongst ourselves.
Today, we wanted to change that. Today, we wanted to do something nice for once.
The Libertarian Party is officially turning over a new leaf. Instead of bashing the government, the 117th Congress, and President Biden, we wanted to highlight their successes.
We know change is hard, but we are committed to loving our government. After all, we know these accomplishments took a lot of hard work and all of these politicians deserve to be recognized for their efforts. In no particular order, we are grateful for:
- The passage of the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2022 (to the tune of $1.5 trillion)
- Maintaining our record as the country with the highest incarceration rate in the world
- Congress taking a hard line and refusing to legalize adult-use cannabis
- The federal government’s forced resignation/termination of thousands of unnecessary healthcare workers due to vaccine mandates
- Congress prioritizing spending over reforming our immigration laws
- Then, Congress raising the borrowing limit to allow for more spending
- Making supply chain issues worse by making it impossible for people to bypass the issues due to crippling regulations (these regulations have been around for a while, but we couldn’t fully appreciate them until now)
- Carrying the dollar to brand new heights of inflation
– AND MANY, MANY, MORE!
Everyone makes noise when politicians make mistakes but rarely do people say “thank you” for a job well done. To government officials everywhere, thank you for everything you do to make our lives better.
If you want to help us replace the many fools of government with Libertarians ready to stand for the rights of all people, consider donating today!