From Libertarian National Committee vice chair Arvin Vohra:
What you saw Monday night: a minor league debate, focusing on minor league ideas.
By excluding Gary Johnson’s ideas, the debate missed:
1. Ending the War on Drugs, reducing violent crime.
2. Ending the Patriot Act, protecting privacy.
3. Shutting down foreign bases and bringing the troops home, reducing enmity and making America safer.
4. Eliminating the income tax.
5. Eliminating the Department of Education and Common Core, thus improving education.
6. Eliminating the Department of Homeland Security and the TSA, improving the quality and dignity of American security.
7, Eliminating trade sanctions, allowing the rapid spread of American values as foreign companies learn to communicate with American businesses and consumers.
Here’s what they kept:
1. What names Trump called particular beauty pageant contestants.
2. Where you can buy Clinton’s books.
3. Trumps personal tax returns.
4. Whether or not Clinton has “the look.”
If that’s what Clinton and Trump consider the most important topics facing America, I question their sanity.
I don’t know whether Trump or Clinton are capable of having a major league debate, addressing of the major reduction in government that Americans want. But I do know that without Gary Johnson, they will not.
No matter how you identify politically, you will benefit from having all candidates forced, by Gary Johnson’s debate presence, to actually discuss the changes Americans want. You can sign the petition here:https://www.johnsonweld.c
Libertarian National Committee