December 27, 2010
Dear Friend of Liberty,
This is the last Monday Message of 2010, and I thought I would take the opportunity to mention a few of the things our party has achieved this year.
- Over 800 Libertarians ran as candidates in the November 2 election. (That’s up from about 600 in 2008 and also about 600 in 2006.) Our candidates got over 15 million votes total, and our candidates for U.S. House got over 1 million votes.
- Throughout the year, at least 38 Libertarians were elected or re-elected to public office. Our list of elected Libertarians grew from 146 to 154.
- We passed our goal of $365,000 in online contributions. The current up-to-the-minute total is on our home page.
- Our total fundraising this year is significantly greater than last year, and also greater than 2006, the previous mid-term election year.
- We started a program to distribute inexpensive Libertarian bumper stickers, door hangers, and T-shirts. We got orders for about 170,000 bumper stickers, about 650,000 door hangers, and over 1,000 T-shirts.
- Our monthly pledge total increased from about $25,000 per month to over $30,000 per month.
- Our Facebook fan count exploded from about 20,000 fans to over 134,000 fans.
Thanks to all our donors, candidates and volunteers for making 2010 a great year.
Please support the Libertarian Party and help make 2011 an even greater year!
Libertarian National Committee
P.S. If you have not already done so, please join the Libertarian Party. We are the only political party dedicated to free markets, civil liberties, and peace. You can also renew your membership. Or, you can make a contribution separate from membership.