For Immediate Release Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Today, Libertarian National Committee Chair Nicholas Sarwark released the following statement:
Libertarians offer the following prediction, which is 100 percent guaranteed to be accurate with zero statistical probability of error:
- No matter who controls the Senate after Nov. 4, nothing will change.
Big Government Democratic and Republican politicians want you to believe that the most important issue in this year’s election is whether Democrats or Republicans control the U.S. Senate.
But it’s a non-issue. It makes no difference whether Democrat Harry Reid or Republican Mitch McConnell leads the new Senate. It will have virtually no effect on the lives of Americans.
The only thing that will matter — and that can make America safer, freer, and more prosperous — is how many votes are cast for Libertarians.
Like most Democratic and Republican politicians in next week’s general election, Reid and McConnell are virtually the same.
- Both Democrat Reid and Republican McConnell vote for higher government spending and unsustainable government debt. Every year.
- Both Democrat Reid and Republican McConnell support endless war in the Middle East.
- Both Democrat Reid and Republican McConnell want to spy on you. They both voted for the Patriot Act, the NDAA, and FISA.
- Both Democrat Reid and Republican McConnell voted for the 48 percent increase in your Social Security tax and other tax hikes.
- Both Democrat Reid and Republican McConnell cling to the failed War on Drugs and the heartless prohibition of medical marijuana.
- Both Democrat Reid and Republican McConnell vote for central government planning of education, taking away control of schools from parents, teachers, and local communities.
- Both Democrat Reid and Republican McConnell want government control of medicine. Neither will defund Obamacare. Neither will allow you to control your own health care. Neither will allow you access to low-cost, high-quality care.
What’s worse, both politicians routinely coerce their senate colleagues to fall in line with these reckless, impoverishing, and freedom-killing Big Government policies.
Democratic and Republican politicians each want you to believe that their respective control of the senate is more important than:
- Jobs and prosperity.
Libertarian candidates call for dramatically cutting spending, removing piles of unneeded government regulations, cutting taxes, and cutting government debt — the only way to create sustainable jobs, stabilize the dollar and preserve American wealth.
Libertarian candidates pledge to get out of the Middle East, bring our troops home, and downsize the U.S. military — the best way to minimize the risk of a terrorist attack.
- Personal freedoms.
Libertarian candidates vow to repeal the Patriot Act, end the failed Drug Prohibition, end all bans on gay marriage — and make America the land of the free.
Democratic and Republican politicians pleading for control of the Senate is a tactic to suppress and silence these bold, revolutionary Libertarian proposals for real change.
Democratic and Republican politicians have also colluded to keep many Libertarians out of televised debates and have fought to keep Libertarians off the ballot.
Thankfully, most Libertarians running for office this November remain on the ballot.
Vote for real change on Nov. 4. Vote Libertarian and demand personal liberty, peace, and prosperity.