Key advances we’ve made in the last month include:
– We funded the budget expansion needed to hire a Press Secretary! LP leaders are now interviewing applicants for that position. The new Press Secretary will be tasked with getting more media attention for our party nationwide. This will help voters have a better understanding of our principles and candidates leading up to the 2018 elections.
– We funded the Historical Preservation Committee’s work for the year, as they seek to preserve our party’s history!
– We achieved ballot access in Arkansas and Maine for 2018! We now have 39 of the 50 states covered. We’ll continue work on the remaining 11 over the next 18 months. The national party is now focused on achieving ballot access in Ohio, where the threshold is excessively difficult. If you want to donate towards this work, you can do so here.
– LP Virginia achieved ballot access for their 2017 gubernatorial candidate!
Key focuses for July include:
– The ballot access petitioning drive in Ohio;
– Hiring a Press Secretary and Development Associate;
– Funding the budget expansion needed to hire a Candidate Support Specialist.
The Libertarian Party has ambitiously set our sites on having 2,000 candidates on ballots across America in 2018. This would be 3 times the number we had in 2014. It is a stretch goal for sure, but one that could be transformational for us if we achieve it. Hiring a full-time, experienced Candidate Support Specialist is essential for us if we want to pursue that goal. This person would be responsible for recruiting and training Libertarian candidates across America.
We need to raise just $10,400 more to fund the budget expansion needed to make this position possible.
If you are able to help make this happen, please click here:
As always, thank you for your support!